Thursday 7 April 2011

Thursday Part 1

I'm short for time this morning so I thought if I did everything in stages then I'd get everything down. So yesterday was interesting, I got to attend my first in-event book selling event! Huzzah! My first event of the day was Carl Boardman, who is a archivist who works at the Oxfordshire County Archives. He has has written a book on crimes in Oxford, looking through archives over the centuries commenting on all crimes from highway men to rich men in discuse performing murder. It was well attended for a local event and big up to him!

I caught a glimse of the author who wrote Harold Macmillan, who had a nice line of fans when I came back to the marquee. Took a few pictures...

My second event of the day was Robin Waterfield, who wrote Dividing the Spoils. This was the first sit-in event in the Blue Boar lecture theatre. It was very interesting although I will admit I got very confused when it came to the names, even if Robin put the slide behind with everyones names. People's names back in the days all sounded the same, the only name I full understand was Alexander the great! ha. But if I was intellectual enough to understand classics it would have been fascinating. The questions asked after were very deep. No-one has written anything like it before and people were commenting on how amazing it was after. We had a little chat when he was signing books. Sadly I am coming down ill, have had a cold for the last week or so but it's progressed and I was coughing away. He didn't seem pleased to have me as his bookseller coughing away, he joked about having lots more talks to do and to not pass it on to him.

Running out of time before todays exciting events, so I will finish this later this evening or tomorrow (I may be going out later this evening till late so may not be able to blog tonight, but don't worry I make notes during the day, I wont forget a thing :D) Today is my last day of the Lit Fest! Sad times. So I will make sure I enjoy today immensely.

To all readers- hope you have a lovely sunny day

Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment